Effective Date: November 1, 2018
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Barnes Information Technology Solutions and our website; http://www.barnesinfotech.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website, except where stated otherwise. It will notify you of the following:
• What information we collect;
• With whom it is shared;
• How it can be corrected;
• How it is secured;
• How policy changes will be communicated; and
• How to address concerns over misuse of personal data.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization and partnership base, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., to apply the services that we offer. We partner with third party service providers in implementing some of the services that we offer. Our contracts with such third parties prohibit the use of any of your personal information beyond the purposes of providing services.
Sources of Information Collection
• Data relating to your online activity on our websites with respect to our Services, include the following:
browser type and version
pages you view
how you got to our Services and any links you click on to leave our Services
when you update your information, communicate with us, or order new Services
metadata about your use and your contacts’ use of our Services and your emails you send (including clicks and opens)
your interactions with any videos we offer
issues you encounter requiring our support or assistance
any device or other method of communication you use to interact with the Services
We store this data we collect in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files, back end databases and analytics systems.
• We may also maintain telephone conversations with us (which we may monitor or record).
• Information from third party social networking sites, including information that social networking sites provide to us if you use your credentials at such social networking sites to log into some of our Services (such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up forms).
• The information you allow us to access varies by social networking site, and depends on the level of privacy settings you have in place at the social networking site. You can control and find out more about these privacy settings at the applicable social networking site.
• Information you provide to us at seminars or to our partners;
• Information you provide to us in surveys;
• Information that is publicly available; and
• Information you consent to us receiving from third parties.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect, both on its own and combined with any other information we collect about you, for the following purposes:
• To provide the requested Services to you;
• To provide you with useful content;
• To ensure the proper functioning of our Services
• To offer and improve our Services;
• To provide you with requested information or technical support
• To facilitate your movement through our websites or your use of our Services;
• To do a better job of advertising and marketing our Services (our use of your information to do this is performed with your consent where required by applicable law);
• To advertise and market third party products and services (such advertisement is only performed with your permission where your consent is required by applicable law)
• To diagnose problems with our servers or our Services;
• In connection with our security and compliance programs;
• To administer our websites;
• To communicate with you;
• To target prospective customers with our products or services (such targeting is only performed with your permission where your consent is required by applicable law);
• To assist us in offering you a personalized experience or otherwise tailor our Services to you; and
We also use the information we receive in aggregated and anonymized formats to produce reports on trends and statistics, such as mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices or the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites or evaluated or purchased our products and services.
Payment information that you provide to us, including credit card data, will only be used to facilitate payment for our products and services.
We also use recorded telephone conversations for quality control purposes, to train our employees and for our own protection.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on our website, or logging into your client portal, if you have an account with us:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you. Deletion is applicable to any information that is unnecessary for maintaining your account with us.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data
Marketing & Communication Emails
You always have the opportunity to opt out of our marketing communications with you or change your preferences by following a link in the footer of all non-transactional email messages from us or by emailing us at email@example.com. Some communications from us are considered transactional or service communications (for example, important account notifications and billing information), and your account(s) for Barnes Information Technology Solutions’ products and services are provided to you upon the condition that you receive these communications from us. You must cancel your account(s) for Barnes Information Technology Solutions’ products and services, as applicable, if you do not wish to receive any transactional or service communications. To cancel your Barnes Information Technology Solutions account(s), please follow the instructions found in the terms of service for the applicable Barnes Information Technology Solutions service. You may still receive marketing communications from us even after you cancel your account unless you also opt-out of our marketing communications, as described above.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, a sale of all or a substantial portion of our assets, or other similar sale transaction, your information will be transferred as part of that transaction. We will notify you by email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such transfer and any choices you may have regarding your information.
Lastly, if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary, we may disclose your personal information to courts of law, law enforcement authorities and other relevant third parties, such as internet service providers, to conduct an investigation, respond to a third party or law enforcement subpoena or court order, bring legal action, prevent harm to others or pursue other relief when you or a third party are or may be:
• violating our terms and conditions of use;
• causing injury or other harm to, or otherwise violating the property or other legal rights, of us, other users, or third parties; or
• violating federal, state, local, or other applicable law.
This disclosure can include transferring your information to the U.S. and other countries outside the European Economic Area. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, it is our policy to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties in connection with a subpoena.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes only and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we'll use this information to contact you.
We use an outside credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
We partner with other parties to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. When we collect financial account information, such as credit card numbers, we protect its transmission through the use of encryption such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon in the address bar of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g. billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
In general, the transmission of information via the internet, email or text message is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Services or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
We may use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site. If, and when, we decide to utilize cookies on the site, there will be obvious posted notification upon visiting the site.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Notification of Changes
Whenever material changes are made to the privacy notice, we will notify you via email in the event that you have opted in to any of our lists, or you have recurring services with Barnes Information Technology Solutions or its partners.
Other Provisions as Required by Law
Numerous other provisions and/or practices may be required as a result of laws, international treaties, or industry practices. It is up to you to determine what additional practices must be followed and/or what additional disclosures are required.